LASIK is a laser refractive procedure for correcting myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. The procedure reduces or eliminates your dependance upon spectacles and contact lenses. Glasses may hamper those who lead an active lifestyle, whether at work, sport or games. Spectacles may not provide the best vision for those with a high degree of myopia or astigmatism. Contact lenses are an alternative for those people. However, although contact lenses may provide adequate vision to many people, it carries constraints such as dry eyes and ocular allergy. When worn over a prolonged period, they may cause damage to the surface of the eyes, both due to mechanical effects on the epithelium or due to lack of oxygen permeability. In addition, they can lead to infection of the cornea, or corneal ulceration.
ALL-LASIK may be your solution to these problems and at Augljos Laser Center we assess thoroughly your eyes to make sure you are a good candidate for surgery. This includes:
- Having a stable refraction over at least one year
- Ruling out eye diseases, such as keratoconus, glaucoma or cataracts
- Having acceptable curvature of cornea, i.e. not too steep or too flat
- Not having too thin corneas
- Not being pregnant or breast-feeding for 4 months after childbirth